Purpose of this blog

My name is Cor and this is my story dealing with mucosal melanoma (MM) in my nose which was diagnosed on 10 Jan 2017. I am married and have 2 kids. I write and update this blog to reach out to all my loved ones far away with updates and my state of mind and also to share information with other patients.

Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Setting a goal

I believe setting a goal for me and my family is something to look forward to together, and to work towards as motivation when times get tough. My children have responded very well to the plan, and we hope to do this together, whatever may come.

My 2017 new year resolutions are:
  - Study & practice Japanese
  - Get into shape and go hiking

So to put this into action, I decided to plan to go on the Kumano Kono pilgrimage.
It is a 1000 year old pilgrimage near Kyoto and we plan to do it together as a family during spring holidays when the Hanami season is so gorgeous with cherry blossoms everywhere.

I ordered a book on that pilgrimage more than a month ago, and it arrived on the day the tumor was confirmed. There are no coincidences in life.

No comments: