Purpose of this blog

My name is Cor and this is my story dealing with mucosal melanoma (MM) in my nose which was diagnosed on 10 Jan 2017. I am married and have 2 kids. I write and update this blog to reach out to all my loved ones far away with updates and my state of mind and also to share information with other patients.

Thursday, January 12, 2017

Root cause analysis

The balance between body, spirit, heart and mind is key to recovery. So let me analyse where I have issues, honestly and openly.
  1. Body: 90% ok now. Due to monthly travel for work, my health is not stable. I do lots of yoga and my wife cooks very healthy food. While living in India I became vegetarian, and continue that till date be it that some flexibility of fish and chicken does creep in. 
  2. Heart: OK, lots of love, attention and hugs. Great and caring bond with my sisters and brothers in Holland.
  3. Spirit: OK, my hand lies in His. He leads me. I have great friendships, be it that many live far away in Holland and Australia.
  4. Mind: This needs a clean-up. Work and financial stress, combined with by nature a gloomy view in life makes that I am generally not happy. This is also pointed out again and again in the yearly health check-ups. 
So there you have it. The root cause lies in the mind. 
It's sometimes out of control, landing me in depressions, short-temperedness and bouts of unreasonable thinking. With the loving care of my wife I always recover, especially when seeing how we are blessed with our lovely kids. 

No comments: