Purpose of this blog

My name is Cor and this is my story dealing with mucosal melanoma (MM) in my nose which was diagnosed on 10 Jan 2017. I am married and have 2 kids. I write and update this blog to reach out to all my loved ones far away with updates and my state of mind and also to share information with other patients.

Tuesday, December 21, 2021

The breakthrough

My strong recovery will, fuelled by love from all who prayed and cared for me, pulled me through, forced me up me up so many times to drink. The facial palsy I had developed in September was the cause of for my dry mouth we found later. Saliva supply had been reduced to only the left side.

The complexity of root causes made me loose my confidence in applying what I had learned in my previous battles of recovery. I felt lost en desperate, but then again this new peace came over me, even deeper and more comforting every time I felt unsure what would happen next.

This couldn’t be a coincidence and I started thinking and came to the happy conclusion I was no longer talking to myself but to a new friend inside me. My talks to pep myself up, to analyse and find ways out became prayers. And how Jezus answered!

I was saved! Forever! Where I had struggled with my trusted but distant Lord, my Father in Heaven all my life, suddenly I had a personal friend to help me with my recovery. So close, so easy to reach, so helpful, so soothing. I felt so happy. Wow! I had been reborn. I wrote it down in a testimony and sent it to my brother. It was 2Dec now.

No comments: