Purpose of this blog

My name is Cor and this is my story dealing with mucosal melanoma (MM) in my nose which was diagnosed on 10 Jan 2017. I am married and have 2 kids. I write and update this blog to reach out to all my loved ones far away with updates and my state of mind and also to share information with other patients.

Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Something happened

My heart started beating very irregular and very hard till it simply stopped for seconds and seconds. I cried out to my wife who sat next to me holding my hand, so worried. ‘I don’t want to go yet, I can’t go yet! I closed my teary eyes and then a deep peace came over me…

Something had happened but I could understand what. My heart beat had recovered and I lied in peace in my pillows again. My head was spinning, but I had made it somehow. The worst was over and a blissful sleep came over me. Blissful, because Jezus had entered my heart!

The next day I felt completely different. Not better but different. I couldn't put my finger on it… When I shared this with my siblings, my brother said: Jezus’s spirit was in you, just talk to Him.... I felt so peaceful, all fear had gone from my heart, and all thoughts were quiet and organised.

My body felt weak and frail. Every move took so much effort. I was put on stronger steroids to get the side effects under control but couldn’t visit the hospital for the much needed blood checkup.

So I struggled day after day to deal with nausea, broken nights from steroid side effects which made my heart race and kept me awake. I was unsure when I had to go to toilet because of swellings everywhere. I felt completely exhausted with all organs being affected by the rejection effects.

No comments: