Purpose of this blog

My name is Cor and this is my story dealing with mucosal melanoma (MM) in my nose which was diagnosed on 10 Jan 2017. I am married and have 2 kids. I write and update this blog to reach out to all my loved ones far away with updates and my state of mind and also to share information with other patients.

Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Life in space

I have always wondered why writers block happens, and to describe that sense of sheer desperation.

Then suddenly there is inspiration and writing starts again in bursts. Every once so often, these bursts start to melt together and then magic! You’re in the flow! You simply can’t write fast enough, afraid you forget everything that’s bubbling up in your mind. You’re going crazy and time simply stops.

My sister expressed her doubts that words have limitations to capture intricacies of feelings, relationships, and the various nuances of interpretation of each participant. She believes in the flow without words, not linked to time and space that is Eternal between linked souls.

I answered that I deeply believe that everything is connected, from trees sharing roots, to connected and communicating souls (soulmates), to quantum particles intertwined across universes, and ultimately one Holy Spirit connecting all spirits of all that lives.

This set me thinking how words are always followed by spaces. The relationship between the word and the following space has always intrigued me. To be more precise, what is the space expecting from me to type next. As if it keeps asking me: Which word will follow? It urges me on, as if that space is a living thing, an blank organism.

It becomes a play, a game of connecting words without words, and the best starts when the space starts telling me what will follow, so fast and intense that you can hardly keep up with typing, you go into a kind of trance, it’s like a rush, and then suddenly everything flows…

Wow, that is the most addictive aspect, the most beautiful moment of writing, that flow without words…

Space then drives me on, and on and on, and then suddenly the cursor blinks next to space, and blinks again… and then life disappears from space. It simply dies. Writers Block! Aaaargh!

Time for a break, coffee, walks, anything to bring back inspiration. And then one day you open your laptop, sleepy, drowsy, grumpy… and a smiling space is looking at you with an eagerly blinking companion next it: Where were you! Sit down, I’ve got so many ideas!

Hahahaha! That’s why I love to write, and actually don’t mind writers block at all. Even space needs a rest…

No comments: