Purpose of this blog

My name is Cor and this is my story dealing with mucosal melanoma (MM) in my nose which was diagnosed on 10 Jan 2017. I am married and have 2 kids. I write and update this blog to reach out to all my loved ones far away with updates and my state of mind and also to share information with other patients.

Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Bad side effects

After returning back to normal life, my body didn’t feel right and my nausea didn’t go away. It started getting worse until I also started loosing appetite and loosing weight. After 10 days my hair started falling out, except for my white ones. I suddenly was nearly bald…

These side effects were all pretty normal, just a bit annoying as I had prepared myself mentally. The bit I couldn’t understand why I felt so weak and why my weight kept falling. We contacted my doctor, who prescribed stomach relaxant and steroids to reduce the side effects.

They helped and I could join for breakfast again, even going out to a coffeeshop and have a first latte in 2 weeks. Ah it tasted so good. The accompanying orange juice was the killer of the fun as I felt my stomach complaining.

That breakfast was the last normal thing I ate from then on. My body went into lockdown. I mean multiple organs started to be affected by my body’s rejection of Yervoy, the new type of immunotherapy given to me on 22Oct.

The total rejection was a surprise of my doctor. I was the first. When looking in the reference book, I had now developed all possible side effects in the list, and was rapidly loosing all muscle strength till I couldn’t get up anymore in bed.

No comments: