Before the operation my brother Jelmer said he wanted to visit me in Singapore. I had learned from the previous operation that I needed at least 2 weeks to get my energy level to the point where I felt like meeting people. So we agreed along those lines and the visit became part of my healing process, both mentally and body.
Having Jelmer around had an impact in many ways.
First of all, we talked about everything that had happened to me and how I had experienced it. There were no big surprises for him because of what I written in the blog and WhatsApp group with my close family.
We also talked how he and the others had dealt with the news and the information overflow. We realized that Jelmer's had coped with it by not accepting the worst case scenario and that the others had a much more gloomy outlook.
We went for a walk to Fort Canning hill, which is quite a climb. It felt good as I didn't need to worry about my spells of dizziness. So I pushed myself to test the limits. Unfortunately, my neck problems returned due to sudden movements in taxi and bus.
I went for a checkup and x-rays were taken of my neck. The alignment of vertebrae was bad like 5 years earlier in India where I spondylosis of C5-C6. The nerves between those vertebrae had been pinched again, causing neck muscles to spasm. I visited the physio a few times to loosen the muscles and correct my posture.
No comments:
Post a Comment