Purpose of this blog

My name is Cor and this is my story dealing with mucosal melanoma (MM) in my nose which was diagnosed on 10 Jan 2017. I am married and have 2 kids. I write and update this blog to reach out to all my loved ones far away with updates and my state of mind and also to share information with other patients.

Friday, February 19, 2021

Fatigue

On a tired Friday, listening to classic music after infusion no 55...

Metal and mental fatigue,
both weaken in the end.
After long and trying use,
yet only one is permanent.

When our strength is tested,
when sickness cannot be healed.
When morning light breaks,
when another ache lies concealed.

Closed eyes, thoughts are circling,
why is this ordeal not ending?
Tired body, treatments are repeating,
why is the cure so long pending?

Blessed love nourishes without end,
yet there also I feel sigh after sigh.
No one can bear this plight alone,
come hope and peace, from up high.

From far away, music floats into me,
it brings the enlightenment I crave.
Spirit fire up my tired eyes and smile,
stay strong, fight and be brave...

No comments: