On Thursday I went to see my oncologist, joined by my wife. I explained the nurse my pain levels and location. My wife went on to provide details where the questions became too complex. All this in Japanese.... they wanted to know if my pain had anything to do with the change in treatment interval.
Meeting the doctor, he and the nurse were all smiles, including my wife. Only I was not happy due to my chronicle lack of sleep. Blood test results were perfect, except for signs of inflammation. I knew that! So off I went for a nice soba lunch, and another infusion. The next morning started with yoga, and pain treatment. After another nap I still felt groggy from the medicines.
I got new medicines to help me sleep and got involved in the remote discussions regarding work issues. Lucky I could escape from the stress and could focus on my health. My wife was busy so I had a nice diner with my daughter, playing uno, having French fries, ice cream, and all other delicious things we could find on the menu. I slept early, at 8pm!
This morning I felt completely different. I could even say I felt great! Working with the plants, clearing up old bushes while drinking tea and a croissant on the terrace. Keeping the mosquitos at bay and listening to the crickets, birds and singing children passing by. Pain is under control.
Stress from retirement next year flared up, as our HR shared many interesting offers: develop project delivery structure in Bio economics, restructure Japan team in India, restructure Security business, etc. Interesting in itself but not sufficient to support my family. I informed my bosses, who told me they would discuss a contract structure upon return. No need to worry.
The mind is your best friend and your worst enemy. Listening to the Gita and Upanishads puts everything’s in perspective again. My reaction to tough periods needs to be steered by a mind which is in contact with Him, part of Him, and in contact with my wife and children. We are going though this together, and as such my reactions should help us all.
Peace of mind is coming back, depression fades, awareness of happy moments returns. Wonderful!
No comments:
Post a Comment