Last week I caught a cold which turned into something nasty and infected my lungs and sinuses. Having lack of sleep from pain in my shoulders, I thought can it get any worse? Barking away all night with a deep dry cough caused painful spasm jolts in my shoulders. I just had to get up and walk around until the itch dissipated.
I listened to soothing music and listened to talks of Sadhguru. One talk caught my attention as he answered questions on how to fight cancer. He turned the question around deftly and said why fight? When you want a flower to bloom, do you fight the earth to make it grow? Take the fight out of it and make the experience pleasant.
It reminded me again that the goal is not to get better, or to be cured. The goal is to have a pleasant experience in whatever you do. So make the struggle with pain and recovery a pleasant one, as much as you can of course. Pain is never pleasant. Do the right things, have patience in continue doing them. Time passes, and the body heals itself with help of medicines.
This message needs repeating. It’s important to apply it in all aspects of life, not only when you’re sick. Practice it when you feel well and it’s easier when you don’t have the energy or will due to pain. Doing the right things sounds so simple, but it is the foundation of happiness.
No comments:
Post a Comment