My yearly health checkup of the company was due 26th June, and I asked my doc if the barium test would have any effect on the CT-scan planned on the 28th. He said it would be fine.
Barium test is there to check my intestines and stomach on polyps. You drink barium fluid as contrast fluid and by turning in the scanner it provides an image of the walls of stomach and intestines. It’s basically a horrible test as it takes time for the body to get rid of the barium.
So on the 28th my blood test was fine, and I was all prepped on the CT-scanner. However, the nurse said there was too much barium remaining, and I had to report to my doctor. Infusion needle out, and another wait for an update of progress. The doctor apologized and rescheduled the scan for 11the July. The afternoon was infusion time (no22) for 2 hours, which is always made easy by the lovely nurses. They keep on apologizing when they remove the needle and pull out hairs along with the adhesive tape. It makes me feel grateful every time.
The evening was different, the night was not easy and the next day I had zero energy. The intestines were completely out of order with barium and Opdivo inflammation. I just looked out the window, not knowing what to do. I ordered a model of the Rainbow yacht online as I felt like doing things without being able to move around much. The next day it was weekend, and it was a bit better but still no energy.
I guess that’s what it’s like. Just hanging in there, not letting constant fatigue make me feel depressed. Summer has arrived, and it’s 36°. It saps whatever energy is left in me. Let’s see what model building brings. The tie a thin thread around a 3mm block for an hour and get it wrapped with an even thinner thread is a new challenge. The fun of it is that handling the tiny tools while looking through a magnifying glass makes you forget everything, including barium. The yachting knots I learned when I was young come in very handy. I will share some pictures.
No comments:
Post a Comment