Purpose of this blog

My name is Cor and this is my story dealing with mucosal melanoma (MM) in my nose which was diagnosed on 10 Jan 2017. I am married and have 2 kids. I write and update this blog to reach out to all my loved ones far away with updates and my state of mind and also to share information with other patients.

Wednesday, February 21, 2018

Work is mental medicine

Lots of preparations were made by my team for a visit of a major customer. This company had launched a project execution transformation initiative several years ago, and my company was a late adopter. I was put in charge of this transformation 4 years ago, and progress had been very slow.

When I became sick, my mission was transferred to various managers, and the last 2 days I could see how this increase in horsepower had made a lot of progress. This gave me a lot of motivation and I attended to all discussions for two days. Today I pay the price and am at home resting.

I feel proud of my team, and can see that the stress I felt the last years has disappeared. I will move on to a strategic planning mission and remain as advisor to the team. Such work I can do very well, as my erratic absence is not critical. My brain works very well, and I enjoy thinking about strategically important things.

My future work will be advisor and I hope I can contribute as my recovery progresses. This provides me with a sense of satisfaction that I can give something meaningful back to the company in exchange for the continued support they provide me by paying me as a full-time manager.

No comments: