Purpose of this blog

My name is Cor and this is my story dealing with mucosal melanoma (MM) in my nose which was diagnosed on 10 Jan 2017. I am married and have 2 kids. I write and update this blog to reach out to all my loved ones far away with updates and my state of mind and also to share information with other patients.

Friday, February 23, 2018

Stability

I wondered many times in mere solitude
why am I always so confident and sure
that my cancer will vanish without a cure
why it only sometimes affects my mood?

The answer comes from within my soul
so clear and satisfying without a doubt
yet, when asked to advise others about
my answer appears incomplete, not whole

A cheerful, healthy mind is like a balanced ship
inner strength that pushes you up, like buoyancy
external forces that pull you down, like gravity
nature in balance, promising a safe’n sound trip

I put my life in Gods hands and he leads
soothing assurance and a trusted anchor
its not always enough, others need more
what if trust depends on proof and deeds?

My trust in him results in a mental image
a body that’s complete, perfect and strong
no protecting shell as things still go wrong
its a state of mind, it is stabilising knowledge

No comments: