My cousin visited even though I was very worried about it!
I had delayed visits since my brother's visit as I was not fit enough for planning and supporting. I agreed to go ahead on the condition that he would plan to go sightseeing in case I would not be fit enough to see him.
He arrived on time to join me on the visit to the hospital and support me when the result of the scan arrived. He was so glad to hear that the tumours had shrunk. I was slow to accept it, and just nodded. The infusion followed and after that I realised that I was making real progress.
We walked my favourite route to the park and enjoyed the winter cold. The visit was a great success but I was exhausted everyday. I told my siblings that he would share his experience and prepare a document to help others to visit me in the future. Knowing how much energy it required to meet him everyday I asked them not to consider visiting me soon.
I am now getting mentally ready for the next 6 month treatment followed by a trip home to see my father. The planning of meetings would have to be very flexible with enough time to recover.
Planning such an event so far ahead is new and makes me excited I am able to do it. It is proof of my recovery as a year ago I wasn't able to plan a week ahead.
1 comment:
It's good to see the family. Even it's exhausting. Take care!
Post a Comment