Purpose of this blog

My name is Cor and this is my story dealing with mucosal melanoma (MM) in my nose which was diagnosed on 10 Jan 2017. I am married and have 2 kids. I write and update this blog to reach out to all my loved ones far away with updates and my state of mind and also to share information with other patients.

Thursday, February 15, 2018

Being hangry

When I read that Chloe Kim had won a gold medal on snowboarding I was thinking nothing of it. When she mentioned that she was hangry that morning, I thought by myself: he, that sounds familiar.

"When we are hungry, our inhibition to different emotions is lowered. And - because the brain needs fuel to function at its highest capacity - we see things like difficulty concentrating, and difficulty controlling emotions. One of the most common emotions is anger - and that's why, many times, when we become hungry, we become irritable."

Now.... that is what I have all day long; I can't concentrate, I am irritable and I feel hungry most of the day. My intestines are inflamed and hard with constipation and indigestion. Its like it has shrunk and food cannot pass through anymore as it used to. I have a hard time enjoying all-you-can-eat buffets as the great food I eat just hasn't anywhere to go inside me.... 

Having constant shortage of nutrients to feed the brain and rest of the body is the root cause of being tired all the time. So I take pro-biotics with every meal to help the intestines and because its been reported several times that immunotherapy works better when the intestines have healthy bacteria inside.

No comments: