Purpose of this blog

My name is Cor and this is my story dealing with mucosal melanoma (MM) in my nose which was diagnosed on 10 Jan 2017. I am married and have 2 kids. I write and update this blog to reach out to all my loved ones far away with updates and my state of mind and also to share information with other patients.

Monday, February 05, 2018

Predictable pattern

I just have to write about how I love getting used to a kind of normal life.

The day of infusion is now on Thursdays. It only requires a healthy mind to get through the waiting and seeing other patients all the time. The days after I just hope I don't catch a cold or anything else at work. I can then work whole days as long as I take a nap after lunch. 7 days after infusion I usually get tired again, and with enough rest I get ready for some more work before I get my next infusion.

  • Infusion and recovery: 2 days
  • Weekend enjoying with the family, going for short walks
  • All day work and lunch nap: 3 days
  • Tired and rest: 1 or 2 days
  • Weekend again: going for longer walks if I have the energy
  • All day work with lunch nap: 3 days
  • Infusion again....
  • etc
Isn't it cool and happy to be recovering so well after just 6 months treatment? I don't care how long I have to keep on doing this but I can handle this!

No comments: