Purpose of this blog

My name is Cor and this is my story dealing with mucosal melanoma (MM) in my nose which was diagnosed on 10 Jan 2017. I am married and have 2 kids. I write and update this blog to reach out to all my loved ones far away with updates and my state of mind and also to share information with other patients.

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Winter

A poem from my surgeon in response to the 'Spring' poem I sent him as a thank-you.


WINTER

Bitterly cold to the core
Braving long hours of darkness
The heart says " I can bear no more"
And asks "is there a God in this universe"

And then I heard the melting snow
The return of the migrating flocks
I saw the glorious heavenly glow
In the midst of the parting icy fog

Alas my soul leaped with joy
A witness to His mysterious ways
The thawing of our wintery toil
To herald Spring to our days.

Winters may be bitter
Winters may be cold
But Spring will always come
Blossoming with wonder untold.


YH

No comments: