Purpose of this blog

My name is Cor and this is my story dealing with mucosal melanoma (MM) in my nose which was diagnosed on 10 Jan 2017. I am married and have 2 kids. I write and update this blog to reach out to all my loved ones far away with updates and my state of mind and also to share information with other patients.

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Side effects update

Noise in the right ear
I discussed this with the Physio and she asked several questions. We found out that the tension on the muscles in the neck are the cause of the noise in the ear. After treating the right side, the noise reduced and in the evening when I lied down, it disappeared. Great!
The next morning I went to work, and it started again but now I feel confident that with proper neck and shoulder posture it will disappear over time.
After a massage today the noise completely disappeared! :-)
The physiotherapist said that you would lose 30% of muscle after 2 days in a hospital bed without moving around. It is strange that in the best private hospital in SINGAPORE there is no such guidance and visit by a physio. Something to be aware about next time.

Squinting eyes
This is still a mystery. I do my eye asanas and focusing becomes better after that but in the morning its still pretty bad. I can't see anything in the distance. Also I can't read anymore without reading glasses. About 2 meters away is pretty sharp. So I will go for a check-up in Japan to see which glasses are required. I bought an eye patch to be able to drive and reduce giddiness while moving around.

Loss of sense in left side of the nose, lip, cheek and gums
The sense in the upper left lip is slowly returning. The cheek is patchy, and this will remain like that probably. The gums are becoming sensitive and I can feel my left upper teeth partially again.
With vitamin-C supplement for another week I hope for more progress in the healing of the nerves. The hot springs in Japan will improve circulation and I hope that will also help in recovery of the nerves.

No comments: