Purpose of this blog

My name is Cor and this is my story dealing with mucosal melanoma (MM) in my nose which was diagnosed on 10 Jan 2017. I am married and have 2 kids. I write and update this blog to reach out to all my loved ones far away with updates and my state of mind and also to share information with other patients.

Thursday, March 12, 2020

The life after?

It’s been a while. Work has been keeping me busy. Things are not going the way as planned which is hard to handle. My body gets stronger and I can take the pressure. But I also feel that something is changing inside me. I can’t put my finger on it, but I live like I am no longer sick.

My batteries are charging constantly, not only when I am resting. My mind is busy finding solutions in ways I haven’t done in more than 3 years. I feel fresh and tired at the same time. Tired of getting back into the life I left behind, a life of endless stress and planning and surprises.

When I was down and battling in survival mode, I never thought about this. Now that I am able and motivated I think back and can’t find the meaning of getting back into who I was. I am no longer that person, it simply doesn’t feel like me anymore. Who have I become?

Of course I continue to fight for the right things, for the team, for our goals. I want to build something, something lasting. But due to constantly returning limits, it doesn’t come to fruition. The vision we have is not becoming real. And I am loosing control over it.

I realize that my identity has blurred. I want to identify with a good cause, with a great purpose. What if that is not my work as I always thought before I became sick? It’s so obvious that going back to what I was at work, is not the answer to fulfillment. It’s staring me in the face.

I need to let it go. Control is for the next generation. I am ready to advise, consult and make way. This is what I have to learn, how to practice it and not fall back into old patterns of being in charge. I need to learn to let go. Find, or make my own new spot in this world.

1 comment:

Earthemployee said...

Very wise Findings. Thanks for let us know.