Last Thursday I went for infusion 52. As I planned to discuss when to stop treatment, I was a bit surprised with myself that I didn’t push for it. Dr Namikawa’s expression was so hesitant in agreeing, and repeated his statement that we could stop based on my request.
I listened to the detailed analysis of the scan, and it read that still several tumors where remaining albeit small in size. This report has not changed much in the last year, so I am really not sure what to do with it, other than ignore it. Tumors in brain artery, gallbladder and left-kidney are still all there.
So I told him I wouldn’t mind continuing the infusions and meeting him every month. He smiled kind of relieved, and with that I set off to queue for the infusion and have a light lunch. Somehow I felt relieved, also because stopping would be a risk after all. Having growing tumors is a message nobody looks forward to hear.
The days after the infusion were as before, dizziness, tired, sleepy, etc. Nothing to be happy about, and I am glad it’s only once a month now. Today I feel better and ready for work again tomorrow. I started working on my model Lemsteraak again, also a sign that things move on in my mind.
One thing I did ask for is iron supplements to resolve anemia. This had been persistent for 2 years and might be one of the causes of lethargy. Let’s see what the blood tests say on 12 December!
No comments:
Post a Comment