Purpose of this blog

My name is Cor and this is my story dealing with mucosal melanoma (MM) in my nose which was diagnosed on 10 Jan 2017. I am married and have 2 kids. I write and update this blog to reach out to all my loved ones far away with updates and my state of mind and also to share information with other patients.

Thursday, August 23, 2018

26th anniversary !

Today I am back in the hospital for my bi-weekly infusion. No 26 means I passed the 1year mark of being under treatment. It feels great to have received the gift of life and every infusion feels like a dose of life elixir. Nothing compares to this.

As I mentioned many times, my mind is now well organized and this supports my recovery. Keeping my body fit is a challenge as I am lazy by nature. Nothing better than a walk in the park or along the sea. So we decided to drive to Izu every month and spend 2 days near the ocean.

It’s those small adjustments which make life wonderful. It’s so easy to go on. Also at work, I have passed a certain point that I will travel again. First trip to Singapore, 7 hours, day travel, single hop. Can be done! Life settles down, new patterns emerge, a new hobby brings deep satisfaction.

Thank you for your support, wherever you may be. Your thoughts and prayers help, every time. Thank you

No comments: