Purpose of this blog

My name is Cor and this is my story dealing with mucosal melanoma (MM) in my nose which was diagnosed on 10 Jan 2017. I am married and have 2 kids. I write and update this blog to reach out to all my loved ones far away with updates and my state of mind and also to share information with other patients.

Friday, May 11, 2018

Darkness

Where will I go,
when life comes to an end
Who will hold my hand,
when my last breath escapes

Suddenly I feel lonely,
why I ask this is not clear
Suddenly I feel unsure,
about my peace of mind

Everywhere is hope,
I feel comfort and am secure
Everywhere I find love,
then why do I dread the last door

Deep inside I doubt,
realizing that I am so mortal
Deep inside it’s dark,
the slope of recovery so slippery

Being strong is not given,
strength eludes me and fades away
Being a father brings tears,
my frail health a source of sorrow

Let me be carried
and nourished by all the love
Let me stop thinking
and enjoy what I have.

(Tokyo, 11 May 2018)

No comments: