Purpose of this blog

My name is Cor and this is my story dealing with mucosal melanoma (MM) in my nose which was diagnosed on 10 Jan 2017. I am married and have 2 kids. I write and update this blog to reach out to all my loved ones far away with updates and my state of mind and also to share information with other patients.

Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Scan results came in. Great news!

It had been 2 weeks since I became aware that I would not be clean from this disease. So I felt rather numb and let my wife do the talking. The doctor was satisfied with the results as all grey areas indicating tumours had reduced in size.
Afterwards we had a nice lunch of sashimi, from next door Tsukiji fish market.

After the 7th infusion, I went home in a great mood and translated the report. I found to my surprise that melanoma had metastasized into several organs beside the bones. I had not been aware of that.....

CT-Scan of Aug 09, 2017 compared with the result of the Oct 30 2017 inspection.
  • Nose/sinus: Soft shadow is recognised in the surgery scars. 
  • Brain: The tumour found in the right cerebral bridge artery has shrunk from the previous time. 
  • Liver: Low absorption nodules found in the left lobe of the liver are unclear compared to the previous scan. (progress cannot be observed) 
  • Kidney & spleen: Metastatic lesions of the left adrenal nodule and the retroperitoneal cavity of the dorsal side of the spleen are shrinking from the previous time. 
  • Gall bladder: There are numerous deep nodules in the gall bladder cavity. There is a possibility of metastasis shrinking from last time. 
  • Bones: Multiple metastasis found in bones of the whole body is slightly osteoclastic change progressing from the last time. (osteoclastic activity = repair activity in the bones)
  • Lymph: No significant swollen lymph node in the neck and chest. 
  • Lung: No pulmonary metastasis. No pleural effusion. (Water outside lungs) 
  • Abdomen: No significant swollen lymph nodes in the abdomen. No ascites. (accumulation of fluids in abdomen)
Brain, Liver, Left Kidney, Spleen, Gall bladder and bones: spine, upper arms, upper legs, ribs and hips. Quite a Christmas tree....

Nothing can get me down, and I will undergo the second set of 6 infusions. End January the next scan and then I hope it will all have shrunk even further. Hope, Love and a newfound purpose in life pulls me through. No more tunnel with some light at the end, no, light is now all around!

No comments: