Purpose of this blog

My name is Cor and this is my story dealing with mucosal melanoma (MM) in my nose which was diagnosed on 10 Jan 2017. I am married and have 2 kids. I write and update this blog to reach out to all my loved ones far away with updates and my state of mind and also to share information with other patients.

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Typhoon

I realized that I stopped thinking,
beyond the day I get a next scan.
It’s not a total blank in November,
but what’s missing, is a plan.

No thoughts about newfound passions,
no reading what retirement will be like....
It’s like the future has just disappeared,
there is no visible trail, to take a hike.

Now, the spring of my inner strength,
is not fed by promise or premonition.
What I have, provides me happiness,
kindles my flame, is my daily ignition.

The edge of my world is 9 Days away,
beyond lies a veiled outline, a new start?
Perhaps I can start dreaming again,
and my hope will not come apart.

Like a typhoon, pounding relentlessly,
cancer demands respect, leaving a deadly trail.
Hope provides shelter, from nature’s forces,
I used to sail, challenge myself, now I feel frail....

Being honest with myself, drives me on,
it releases my energy, my slowing chains,
We are passengers, keepers of knowledge,
we pass on, what’s in our children remains.

No comments: