Purpose of this blog

My name is Cor and this is my story dealing with mucosal melanoma (MM) in my nose which was diagnosed on 10 Jan 2017. I am married and have 2 kids. I write and update this blog to reach out to all my loved ones far away with updates and my state of mind and also to share information with other patients.

Tuesday, October 31, 2017

a plan has come to me

Today is the rest day after infusion. As per my experience, I have to be ready for any side effect. This time the fatigue isn't that bad, the fever isn't coming, the headaches are minor, the rashes stay away, the itching eyes are bearable and the stomach is as always noisy and painful. If ever I will be able to overcome the emotional shackles that come with this sickness, I will have to take a bold step mentally. A step to decide enough is enough.

I therefore decide now that I believe I will never be cured and that I stay chronically ill. I will take infusions the rest of my life and scans every 3 months to keep an eye on metastasis. As part of the bargain, I will resume a normal life now, return to work and I stay aware of fatigue attacks and other side effects of Opdivo.

This new lifestyle is wonderfully different from what I went through the last 9 months. It is the way to live life again as it can be, and should be lived: Enjoy every moment and be happy with what I have. Live life as if it can be lived only once! Thats my renewed goal in life.

Join me!

2 comments:

Earthemployee said...

That's a great plan! I always admire how you deal with the situation and that you share all this. Hope to meet you soon!

frisian said...

Thanks Thomas. See you soon!