I have been going to the office for a week now and enjoyed a long weekend. The itching cheek has healed and the itch shifted to the eye lids and eye. Putting eye drops in helps for 20 minutes and then I really have to rub the eyelids! So I put Vaseline all over and this eases the itch. It enters the eye, but that is easily washed away with drops.
Another side effect is the pulling eye, which was bad after the operation and returned. It's bearable and with sleep the pulling reduces. The heavy feeling in the nose and the brain behind the eye are probably also side effects, which is worst when I move my head quickly. Just taking it easy therefore and a day at a time. Accoriding to the doctor all these side effects will reduce with time.
This is the radiation at work in healthy cells. Just need to be patient. A colleague shared his experience today: After an operation his doctor said: the trouble with engineers is that they think the body is like a machine: just open it, take something out, and it will just continue as it was.
Exactly! That's how I want my body to recover. But obviously it takes a lot of time, the wiring has changed and the body will recover in a new way. That's the miracle of being a living organism. Nerves do grow back, but in a different way with new sensations! My nose doesn't itch on the skin, it itches deep inside where 6 weeks ago I felt nothing. It's hard to scratch deep inside your flesh.
I started doing light excersize to improve blood circulation and this raises my energy level. It feels great to do push-ups, work out on the rowing machine in the gym and walk up the steep hill in Fort Canning park. Life needs to be lived, action!
1 comment:
Walking up the hill of Fort canning with 30 degrees is more than an exercise: it's Top sport! Good to be great!
Post a Comment