Purpose of this blog

My name is Cor and this is my story dealing with mucosal melanoma (MM) in my nose which was diagnosed on 10 Jan 2017. I am married and have 2 kids. I write and update this blog to reach out to all my loved ones far away with updates and my state of mind and also to share information with other patients.

Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Day 13: it's itching !!!!!

Day 13 after the last beaming treatment

After 1 week redness, the skin is now oozing pus and it's itching like crazy!
The special pads provided by the hospital cover my nose and cheek, looking like a white flag.
Lucky I can scratch the skin through the pad and thick layer of vaseline to relieve the itch.

I have started to go to work from Monday and enjoy the regular life again. Headaches get worse after lunch so I leave early when I can. Its great to chat with colleagues and to communicate with those who are overseas.

Planning beyond tomorrow or next week is still bit of a challenge, but it's getting there. The mind quickly adjusts and accepts more parallel activities and tasks. Amazing how easy one adjusts to work again!

I don't think about the upcoming MRI scans, and just enjoy healthy life again. I ache to go swimming, have a glass of white wine and so on but that will come next week (I hope) after the skin has healed and the swelling has receded.

Life is great!

1 comment:

Jelmer said...

Having a brother who's so positive is a bless! Keep on track, brother! Life is great indeed.