Just focus on breating deeply and slowly. Nose in, mouth out, mouth in, mouth out. My throat became very dry after a few minutes and my pushing my tongue back and down, saliva started to flow, making swallowing easier until the 15min were over.
The treatment was exactly as the doctor had said. No pain, sound, heat etc. My cheek was swollen and the skin red like sunburn.
But two hours after treatment severe throbbing pain started in the damaged nerves of my left upper jaw. With pain killers it became better after a while. It all subsided after a few hours.
I had to switch back to pain fighting mode, as I did after the surgery. The only concern now is which side effects are permanent and which will pass after a few hours.
I keep reminding myself that 5 times beaming is a lot better than 7 weeks of normal radiation. My body is sick, not my spirit or my soul. Trust in the Lord.
Great support from all of you. Thank you.
3 treatments to go. Steady progress in healing!
2 comments:
Thanks Cor for Sharing all the experience. I like the style you Deal with the Situation. Good luck for the remaining beams. BR Thomas
Floating on the arm inside it made me imagine I was an astronaut, hovering in space. The technicians played English songs for me including Nowhere man of the Beatles. I really felt being in 'nowhere land' during beaming...
(I will upload an image of the immense machine when I can.)
Post a Comment