Purpose of this blog

My name is Cor and this is my story dealing with mucosal melanoma (MM) in my nose which was diagnosed on 10 Jan 2017. I am married and have 2 kids. I write and update this blog to reach out to all my loved ones far away with updates and my state of mind and also to share information with other patients.

Wednesday, April 05, 2017

Day by day treatment plan

I am writing this as I am enjoying time in Tokyo. Life appears so normal, so untouched by all that happened the last 3 months.

On 6 April the detail findings of head MRI will be explained and the first beaming treatment will be done (30min incl preparation). On 7 April the second beam will fire at my body.

On 10 April an MRI will be made of the spinal area and the 3rd beaming treatment will be done

On 12 and 13 April the last beams will enter my body.

On 19 April the doctor will check the side effects to release me to fly back to Singapore

On 20 April I will fly back to Singapore to resume normal life and go back to work on 24 April.

In July/August I will have to return to the hospital for a check up and MRI. As patients say, those check ups are nail biters. 

I have the greatest confidence it will go well.

No comments: