Purpose of this blog

My name is Cor and this is my story dealing with mucosal melanoma (MM) in my nose which was diagnosed on 10 Jan 2017. I am married and have 2 kids. I write and update this blog to reach out to all my loved ones far away with updates and my state of mind and also to share information with other patients.

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Coming home

The first things you cherish once back home are sooooo many.
Washing your hair properly while taking a hot shower is close to the top.

Being discharged gives a sense of progress hard to find so clearly elsewhere.
Planning treatments now gives way for a period of rest. Recover, reconsider, remember and forget.

Even a positive and powerful spirit I have found myself to be needs to be realistic this journey has just begun. It's a new journey which one could give names related to what started it all.

Going through so much in such a short time, sharing it all with friends and family.... I am grateful for being loved for who I am and love unconditionally. Thank you all for your support. I love you.
Especially I love my wife who pulled me through and planned everything. I love you. There are no other words to express what I feel.

It's all destined to be. The specialists, the available technology, the connectivity, the Hand of God in all this, and most of all, the grace of how it is all orchestrated by Him, and brought to the best possible end imaginable. How blessed we are.

So I rest to begin a new day refreshed, and refresh my love of life. Rest to plan schooling for my daughter, starting a new life in Tokyo, have a relook at how I approach the challenges at work.

And yes, I rest until the next scan and following treatment.
But that's just part of life....
Enjoy the ride!

2 comments:

Earthemployee said...

Welcome home and take care. I'm sure you'll return powerful and wise. Glad to know you and be your friend.

frisian said...

Thanks Thomas. Coming home really improved the spirit. Spirit is high now after a dip from the neck troubles. Now I am mentally ready for the treatment in Japan.