The scan results were discussed with my 2 oncologists. The Radiologist was happy to tell that nothing was growing. No new metastasis and nothing else to worry about. The Dermatologist reduced my steroids by half a pill for the next 3 weeks, and probably half a pill after that. At last… after 3-4 months I can confidently say farewell to organ swellings.
The coming years I will have to show up for an MRI scan every 3 months. It is minimizing risk that uncontrolled metastasis goes unnoticed. My mindset is to look forward to the given care and know that nothing is escaping the attention of my doctors. Monthly blood tests will keep an eye on any unexpected reactions of my body. Reassuring.
Knowledge of the test results is providing me confidence. Confidence brings hope, which in turn brings happiness. Enjoying the things I can do in life, ignoring loss of clear vision caused by facial palsy which continues for 8 months now. Annoying. Keeping my body and mind occupied is made possibly by my work 4 days a week. I am blessed with that.
So many blessings have come my way since I felt Jezus entering my heart in October. I wrote about it, and must say it’s wonderful. Life is not the same as before. Peace is always there in my heart and prevents me worrying too much, focus on the beauty of life, and share love whenever I can. It always flows both ways and the invitation to share sorrow is now so natural.
This is the life I look forward to experience in my silver years. Full of sharing and love. Join me!
No comments:
Post a Comment