27 Oct 1989 was a happy day for us in a castle in Holland, where me and Yuka were married, surrounded by close friends and family.
24 Oct 2019 was the day my son received his Bachelors degree in Physics at the University of Groningen. We couldn't attend, but seeing a short movie and pictures made us feel so proud. He will continue his studies for Masters in Industrial Engineering & Management. We will travel to join him when he gets his masters degree.
Today I look back on a month where my oncologists agreed to stop the treatment in early Jan 2020. That is exactly 3 years after I was diagnosed with cancer. Stage VI used to hopeless but my case has proven that there is hope even in the final stages of this dreaded disease.
2020 will be a year of change. The Olympics will be held here, and after retirement in June I will start my second life with work I can chose and with new motivation.
Rewire and refire! That is what I have decided to call my retirement. Yes!
No comments:
Post a Comment