Purpose of this blog

My name is Cor and this is my story dealing with mucosal melanoma (MM) in my nose which was diagnosed on 10 Jan 2017. I am married and have 2 kids. I write and update this blog to reach out to all my loved ones far away with updates and my state of mind and also to share information with other patients.

Friday, July 12, 2019

Clean as a whistle

The scan last Thursday was clean. Dr Namikawa couldn't find anything. We just smiled at each other, feeling happy about it and just tired of the 2.5 year fight. Actually I already felt clean after the last scan except for the nose, but now it was confirmed. Just wait for the detailed report (as always).

Now what? I started visiting an orthopaedic clinic where I get treatment to loosen up my shoulders and reduce the nerve related nagging pain. 20 minutes everyday, a short walk from work, lying on a water bed with jets massaging my back and shoulders. So cool and amazing. Japanese really know how to relax using technology.

The 4 nurses walk around setting up machines, helping the mostly elder crowd sit and get up. Omotenashi in action. Care for the customer, making them feel comfortable. which in itself is a radiating healing power.

Now my mindset has changed into being happy to have some pain to get rid of in the most elegant and soothing way possible. That is how I will get used to normal life. Just enjoying the ride back to a fulfilling lifestyle, full with activities and discoveries.

I am ready for my silver years, rewired and refired! I am now sorting out what I really like to do and with whom I love to work. That will guide me to enjoy my working hours. Its a great feeling to be able to plan my life and go on holidays again!

No comments: