Purpose of this blog

My name is Cor and this is my story dealing with mucosal melanoma (MM) in my nose which was diagnosed on 10 Jan 2017. I am married and have 2 kids. I write and update this blog to reach out to all my loved ones far away with updates and my state of mind and also to share information with other patients.

Sunday, June 02, 2019

Arthritis and muscle pain

Arthritis .... I have heard about it, my mom had it in her fingers, my sis is getting it in her fingers too. Now I suddenly have it in my shoulders. I can’t put on a jacket without jerking pain. Sleeping on my shoulder is history as I simply can’t fall asleep. Jolts of pain in my upper arms, like knives....

I read the message boards and find many patients with the same side effects. Opdivo, while killing metastasized Melanoma everywhere in the body, it can infect all joints and muscles. My wife said that more of my hair is turning white. I wonder what will happen next. My intestines play up after every infusion, but I now have the medicines to control the worst.

Headaches come and go, my strength is waning and I felt sad to go home early on the sports day of my daughter. I need to estimate how much energy I need to get home and leave in time. I found myself sitting on the station platform, eating and drinking as I simply could not continue in the afternoon heat.

This afternoon I went cycling for an hour, and it felt wonderful. I am tired now and hope sleep will come. These days I take a painkiller before I go to bed, just to get some rest. My daughter suggested I should try to sleep sitting up. Love continues to pull me through! ❤️

No comments: