Purpose of this blog

My name is Cor and this is my story dealing with mucosal melanoma (MM) in my nose which was diagnosed on 10 Jan 2017. I am married and have 2 kids. I write and update this blog to reach out to all my loved ones far away with updates and my state of mind and also to share information with other patients.

Saturday, May 11, 2019

Bones and lungs are clear!

Today was a stressful day as I went for a PET scan and had to wait hours for the results. The few hours seemed to take so long! Finally we met dr Namikawa and he smiled relieved and showed us the images of the lungs and bones. Almost clear!

All the activity in the bones could no longer be observed in the PET image. The spots in the lungs were not active on the PET image and had shrunk visibly on the CT image. That means it was a normal infection. 

We will have to wait for the detail PET/CT analysis report in 2.5 weeks. The doctor decided to continue with the Opdivo treatment and see the result of the next scan in July'19. We also agreed to sign-up for a clinical trial of a new drug as a back-up in case the CT scan in July is bad.

Great! The bones are clear, and I have options for treatment. I feel so relieved and prayed to my Father to thank Him.

1 comment:

Earthemployee said...

Great to read that result! CU soon!