Purpose of this blog

My name is Cor and this is my story dealing with mucosal melanoma (MM) in my nose which was diagnosed on 10 Jan 2017. I am married and have 2 kids. I write and update this blog to reach out to all my loved ones far away with updates and my state of mind and also to share information with other patients.

Saturday, April 07, 2018

Strange Saturday

The day after the infusion (Friday), I felt like going for a long walk as it was warm and the flowers are blooming everywhere. I followed my usual route, a 10km stretch along the Tama river canal, which took me about 3 hours. So many flowers and birds welcomed me that I didn’t feel how tired I was until I was on the way home.

Today I felt exhausted, with a very strange fog in the head, not very sharp so to say. I couldn’t focus while signing up for the health club. I missed most of the discussions. I will go swimming during the (hot) summer.  My experience is that I can’t stand the heat, and fevers with infections start immediately, like sun stroke.

So I relaxed, and got ready for the entry ceremony of Marika in Ochanomizu Junior High school on Sunday. She is very exited, strutting around in her brilliant blue sailor uniform, trying her shoes and chatting with her mom. Wonderful! A big day for her, and she went to sleep early. I am glad I feel fit enough so I can be there with her.

No comments: