Purpose of this blog

My name is Cor and this is my story dealing with mucosal melanoma (MM) in my nose which was diagnosed on 10 Jan 2017. I am married and have 2 kids. I write and update this blog to reach out to all my loved ones far away with updates and my state of mind and also to share information with other patients.

Monday, February 13, 2017

Permanently return to Japan

I heard today that the company decided to repatriate me to Tokyo before 1 July. This is part of standard policy when staff get very ill while posted overseas, and the other side of being an expat: you can be called back anytime! Anyway, its better then the 1 April which was earlier imposed which would have disrupted my treatment and give us tremendous (unnecessary) stress. The letter I have written to management to ask for flexibility in the return date has worked. Thank you for that.

This new date gives us time to plan the move after my treatment has been completed in April. Especially for my daughter we have to find suitable schooling, and live nearby so she doesn't need to travel by overcrowded trains. Can you imagine an 11 year old girl? My wife will have to bring her and pick her up from school, so I will gladly sacrifice 2 hours per day to make that easy and short for them.

With that 'surprise' out of the way, I can and will now focus on getting well and as a family we can settle back into Tokyo lifestyle with its pro's and con's. We will be able to enjoy the autumn and I look forward visiting the many parks for my long term recovery.

I keep on looking positively at these twists and turns in life. As my mom would have said, it's no point to swim against the current, and we will be able to make the best of it. Enjoying the ride, including the ups and downs!

1 comment:

Earthemployee said...

Next Meeting is now tentatively scheduled for End of May in Japan. I hope I will See you there! All the best for tomorrow my friend!